✿ 未来が見える : Flow© ✿


The smooth surface, Almost mirror like, Watching it unknowingly, I entered its flow, Unconsciously submerged by it, Fighting to grasp the sky, Before being pulled down again, Following it’s flow, Unable to turn back, The road is set; I shall head to sea, Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable ✿Oracl3✿


Friday, February 22, 2008

Unforgettable memories of 2006-2007, The good & the bad..

“It’s better to have loved and lost, rather then to have never loved at all”

I got the idea to write such a thing from Melissa who had done hers earlier on.. Mine took so long because I was trying to make it reach a hundred.. (which I did!!)
Initially I was even planning to put pictures up with the posts, but there is a hundred memories here, so I couldn’t be bothered, and besides I have blogged about all this before..

So if you are interested in learning of my memories, then take a look..

Unforgettable memories of 2006 – 2007, the good and the bad

**The time before April 2006, has either been gone with the wind, or nothing much worth mentioning happened during that time.. Anyway if there was anything to start with, neither you nor I would have missed it, as it would have been definitely blogged bout..**

-April 2006-
1. Participating for the first time in a debate.. (Ahh the horror of it all…) Discovered how some people can be real asses, and self centred and was left wondering how do this people live when they don’t have even an ounce of decency in them to work together…

2. Participating and winning a moot court on vicarious liability and meeting and getting to know some juniors who are of the same age. (We all love anime!!)

3. Being part of the Law Society, Mooting Society, and Class Council (Whatever that was called) and organising all it’s events (though I tried to, and somewhat failed to purposely take on roles with hopefully the least work)

-June 2006-
4. Celebrating my birthday, with a small, last minute put together party –I love that lemon cheese cake, and the Japanese buffet the day after..

5. Depression started to get noticeably worse… (Could be because my close friends had left, or could be due to my leaving (this I seriously doubt), or could be the exams.. so many probabilities, but I’m not sure which is which, I never dwelled on it, to start with…)

6. Had my heart sort of broken, i think. (Well I was already depressed, so that incident sort of set me off, i guess..but then again, i'm not sure what made me tear that time, cause eventhough i saw him, i was still fine, so maybe it wasn't him.. but other stuff??)

-July 2006-
7. Reaping what I sowed due to my laziness (that's what you get for not studying? haha)

8. Missing out on scouting activities that I would have loved to go to =.='

9. Losing friends to the education system of the United States of America (well and lost too…)

-September 2006-
10. Preparing to fly off to the United Kingdom in about 10 days – rushing my visa, buying clothes and necessities, packing, farewells- Hats off to my dad…

11. Having a boisterous farewell by the Scouter Council; a board game courtesy of Aun Wei that I will never forget (I still remember it was on the 16th of September 2006, the first time I got drunk in Malaysia with people other than family…)

12. Flying alone for the first time, when I was leaving for the UK. My 3rd uncle and family came to see me off.. My aunt now claims that I am the really calm and composed type.. Hmm~ I won’t reject a compliment.. When it comes to travel I am independent haha.. (Guess I only panic in matters of the heart and exams?)

-October 2006-
13. Arriving in Reading, and on to the hall, first friend I made at bridges hall was Anastasia.

14. My very own room, to do as I wish, and decorate as I wish

15. Discovered that living with bare necessities was quite fulfilling.. Because it means less clutter!! :p

16. Fell in love with the United Kingdom weather –umbrellas are useless over there, get a waterproof coat..-

17. Discovered that it was actually very wonderful to wear a coat. –I actually miss wearing a coat- (and secretly I actually had always wanted to wear one.. could be the shows or Canada..)

18. Realised that sometimes a change in scenery does good for depression.. Was somewhat cured for the time being… (or maybe I was too busy, and I had to look after other people, so I had to put aside my own problems first.. but I had support from Leeds, Prague and Malaysia so I managed..)

19. Learning to control my finances –thank goodness I’m not really a spend drift-

20. Having to be independent – doing my own laundry, cooking and cleaning for myself, well it wasn’t my first time so it wasn’t hard at all, thanks to my parents.. But I became such a neat freak..- (That now, I can’t really stand the dust here, I’m constantly sneezing =.=’)

21. Bath [8th October 2006] my first time travelling in the UK with friends; met some new friends, and juniors. And learnt some interesting things about the Roman baths.. (Yes!! Culture!!)

22. Learnt about the inhabitants of the White knights lake from Rory the old man from the swan society [20th October 2006]

23. Finally setting foot in a Tesco [25th October 2006] –I know, I know, it’s laughable.. But I don’t really go grocery shopping back home..-

24. Seeing frost again [27th October 2006] -I’ve seen it in other places when I was touring e.g. china, but this was Reading :p -

25. Seeing one of the wonders of the world.. And going to a place that my mom had been… The Stonehenge & Salisbury [28th October 2006]

26. Cooking dinner for at least 8 people [29th October 2006] a real experience to cook like that.. It was like for a big family.. (I usually cook for no more than 5- and that’s helping out, or with help)

27. Participated in Halloween for the first time.. Dressed as a devil girl [31st October 2006] (and looks like the last? =.= I hope not..)

-November 2006-
28. A place I always wanted to go to… --> Oxford [11th November 2006]

29. Losing a friendship, which could actually have been a more meaningful friendship.. But guess it’s written in the stars, that we’re only just somewhat “friends”. No one’s fault.

30. Realising what are real friends..

31. Having to deal with gossips and childish people (nothing new here, I had my fair share in high school, but this time it was harder, cause I didn’t have the support and protection I used to have in high school, and to think that people in university will do things like that, guess people don’t change no matter how old they are)

-December 2006-
32. Casablanca night [1st December 2006] My first time clubbing in the UK, couldn’t dance for nuts.. (Happily to say though, that I got a hang of dancing now, and I love it haha.. but I don’t like Malaysian clubs, and no trusted friends to go with.. sigh..)

33. London [6th December 2006] with xian ai and jian lun, first time in London in 17 years and I took a picture with Queen Elizabeth :p keke

34. Was scandalized by the size of clothing there. I had to resort to children’s clothing. –I had to look for clothes meant for 12-13 years olds.. Or go to the £5 pound shop.. – (In a sense I think it’s good, cause then I’m refrained from spending money on clothes..)

35. Snowball [7th December 2006] bought my own first dress to attend such a function, it was the day I met Vinyee too ☺ and discovered that Paul can be a gentlemen hehe

36. Went to Prague to see my sister again after 2 years plus of separation... ahh an emotional time for me..[4th till 8th of December 2006] and got seriously drunk for the first time.. On nothing else but absinthe (it’s 70% alcohol..)

37. Visited a place I wanted to always go since I was young…Edinburgh Scotland (well Scotland actually not necessarily Edinburgh) [8th till 10th December 2006] It was super cold then… realised that I like the cold.. but not that cold

38. Realised how strict other airports are especially with all the terrorist attacks [13th
December 2006] coming back home for the holiday.. Heathrow airport, arghh I was lucky I didn’t pop a vein.

-January 2007-
39. Seeing snow again after 17 years hurray, was so happy hehe.. 24th January 2007

40. Discovered Facebook thanks to my neighbour at bridges hall; Vinyee 28th January 2007 –and got addicted to it haha-

-February 2007-
41. Playing with snow [8th February 2007] it snowed enough to be played with; not like last time. –Was really fun.. Made a giant muffin with sze chun hehe-

42. The place that literature freaks (well I was sort of one in my younger days..) dream of visiting.. Stratford upon Avon, Shakespeare’s birthplace [10th February 2007]

43. Participated in the Reading University’s Malaysian night [23rd February 2007] it was fun learning all the dances. I learnt how to joget.. :p

44. Celebrated valentines day by going out clubbing with friends [14th February 2007] looks like the first and hopefully not the last time I celebrate it..

45. Went to a circus.. I grew up on Enid Blyton and always wanted to go to one..[15th February 2007]

46. Visited Bristol [25th February 2007] At first i couldn't recall, but know i have recalled that Bristol was memorable because i had Scones English style for the first time, heated scones on the oven with cream/strawberry jam.. ooh yum.. even Savoy's couldn't beat their scones.. haha (oh wait i should have made a memory for Savoy's, but that would make it 101 if i did.. eek...)

-March 2007-
47. Experienced what was called Latin night [2nd March 2007] tried to salsa.. And failed, good experience though :p

48. Explored Reading University..[6th March 2007] really beautiful, a walk in the woods; my dream come true. What a Enid Blyton fan that I was…

49. Celebrating Chinese New Year in a foreign land, with friends and family (2nd maternal aunt) and had my first crispy crème; why doesn’t Malaysia have it?

50. Learning how to use the London underground and falling in love with it’s system (but not its trains.. our trains are better if only they would spare me the screeching sounds..) –but it felt so classic, listening to the sounds of the train running on railway tracks..-

51. A place I always wanted to go too.. Besides Oxford was Cambridge [10th March 2007] the British SPR labs are actually located there, too bad I didn’t get to visit it.. sigh..

52. Played Futsall for the first time, and last time? [11th March 2007] –I wasn’t feeling well then, and I honestly felt kind of out of place..-

53. Attended a musical by the Reading Drama Society with my hall mates [22nd March 2007] I think this was my first musical. –Queen’s We Will Rock You-

54. The land of leprechauns.. Dublin!! [29th till 2nd of April 2007] –Visited a medical University, Cool. Also had a Celtic experience. Another wish come true-

-April 2007-
55. Exploring London by myself – its not that scary at all [4th April 2007] –there was sort of a phobia there. Cause we all know how KL is like.. But heck.. I go around KL by myself anyway.. So it was fun going round London. At least everything was in English, and the people were nice, heard a string quartet for the first time live at the National Art Gallery, and managed to take wonderful pictures at St James Park, the lighting was just at the right angle..-

56. Discovered the wonders of the zebra crossing in the UK.. (People in Malaysia don’t give a damn about zebra crossings..)

57. Living in Prague during Easter break [6th till 21st April 2007] experienced living in another country besides the UK. A real great experience!! Plus it was with my sister haha.. It was fun.. Not to mention she tried to get me drunk again haha..

58. Living with my sister again. It was nice being able to go nuts anytime I wish. And running around.. ermm.. ehem haha.. :p

59. Attended a Romanian wedding, a real eye opener to their traditions.. –Breaking plates anyone??-

60. Discovered how scary UK beetles were [29th April 2007] –So I’m a drama queen, sue me.. keke-

61. Watched another musical called the Lion King, my first official proper musical. It was nice, but there were better ones out there. Or it just wasn’t really to my taste, (des loved it though..) Discovered how wonderful violins were. (ahh I want to learn how to play one..)

62. Discovered how music can actually really move you to tears

-May 2007-
63. Stressing out during exams and being calmed down by Mel. I actually took to crouching in a corner to breath (it really was that bad, even my sleep was disrupted, I guess I was traumatised due to my company test last year..)

64. Doing something insane right after exams like travelling to Portsmouth [19th till 21st of May 2007] –I haven’t even cleaned my room of the books and notes..- But I had a fun time..

65. Amsterdam, sex museums anyone? Haha [30th May till 2nd June 2007] –it was a real eye opener since sex trade in Malaysia is illegal after all- (i actually knew of the mistake, but was too lazy to edit, but since i was editing the bristol memory, i thought oh what the heck...)

-June 2007-
66. Experienced what it is like to be in amazing race.. We went from Amsterdam to Switzerland [2nd till 7th June 2007] 5 states, 5 days… Geneva, Lucerne – Mt. Titlis; running round on a snow mountain in naught but shorts (an experience of a life time), Rhine Falls (not as great as Niagara Falls but the water.. woah.. so clear..), Interlaken (mounted a bike after so many years, really enjoyed myself, and touching the cold, clear refreshing water of the alps, cycling in the woods..) overall it was like amazing race, running to catch the trains from state to state :p

67. From Switzerland to Berlin [7th till 12th June 2007] experienced déjà vu at the breakfast room.. Had a barbeque European style, played with a sprinkler, went kayaking for the first time, had a German home stay and obtained “foster” parents.. Unforgettable indeed..

68. Getting to know other course mates and realising what nice people they actually are, making great new friends. Had a blasting good time with them.. (Haven’t felt that way around friends for a long time..)

69. Again having to deal with childish and insensitive people and issues -disappointing-

70. I was totally insane, after Amsterdam, Switzerland and Germany, I headed of to Paris [14th till 18th June 2007] –well it was one of my dream destinations to go too… so though I was tired as hell, I loved it.. Pity we couldn’t have gone with more friends, the more the merrier..- ahh Tour de Eiffel…

71. Getting hurt by a friend… (still trying to recover from this…)

72. Celebrated my birthday with the best present ever? Being my results.. “I will graduate.” And well also with all my friends [19th June 2007] and getting blindfolded along the way for dinner haha..

73. Ever partied on a boat? I have, in a Latin boat party [24th June 2007] learnt how to Salsa
properly, and had a great dance partner i.e. Aansan.. And spent the night laughing about my cursed silver shoes.. (I’m a known klutz when I’m in heels.. haha) –got a very bad leg cramp after that due to the cold, thanks Aansan for looking after me..-

74. Leaving Bridges hall and my friends. [30th June 2007], tears were shed, but there are no regrets, I treasure every moment there, I detested the noisy, cloggy, place but I also managed to meet the great people there; that I treasure.. that’s where I learnt, it’s better to have loved and lost, rather to have never loved at all..

-July 2007-
75. London [1st till 8th July 2007] the feeling of having a family again, (sadly minus my brother) and dad’s home cooked food.. Spicy Malaysian food again..YUM!1

76. Went to a place I wanted to go, yet again haha.. Windsor castle [2nd July 2007] Though truth be told, I was already sort of jaded of castles, and the château de Versailles and the palace in Potsdam were much more nicer..

77. Cambridge with family [3rd July 2007] it was in some ways, more enjoyable this round, I didn’t have to pay entrance fees, and got to see more. And I showed my parents the apple tree in which Newton sat under, when the apple fell.. Saw it in winter and summer haha..

78. Watched phantom of the opera with my family [5th July 2007] absurdly wonderful!! –I had always wanted to watch it since I was 14 years old-

79. Graduated 070707 – purposely left the date like that haha.. The stress and freaking out paid off!! And also recieved my VERY first Bouquet of flowers from my sister, during graduation.. They were so pretty, but it's a pity i couldn't bring them back with me...

80. Backpacking Eastern Europe – a true experience to treasure.. [14th till the 25th of July 2007], Bratislava, Slovakia (cheap food? Cheaper than UK at least)- Budapest, Hungary (houses of parliament was beautiful)- Zagreb, Croatia-(most beautiful falls I’ve ever seen, discovered that advertisements need not always be right.. – 10 minute walk anyone?), Ljubljana Slovenia (went to the orchestra for the first time, and fell in love with it, and had a horse burger) – Vienna, Austria (a musician’s dream come true)- Salzburg, Austria (biggest ice cave in the world – a real experience)

81. Repaired somewhat broken ties a little. But as I said it’s written in the stars

82. Realised that people do change.. Too late..

83. Heard the Buckingham’s palace band and watched the changing of the guards after 17 years.. And also visited Baden Powell’s and other famous people’s grave in the Westminster abbey [27thJuly 2007], seeing Yee Sin after so long. Ran into him and his parents the day before, when I was out with Des & Mel

-August 2007-
84. Watched wicked the musical [1st August 2007] a wonderful musical, my last musical before leaving Europe, that’s why it’s memorable

85. Sherlock Holmes museum [6th August 2007] a fan of Sherlock Holmes’s it’s a must!!

86. Leeds [8th till 10th of August 2007] nice spending time with and old friend and being pampered again after so long.

87. Baden Powell’s house and the British national museum [13th August 2007] BP house was kind of a scam maybe, but all the same as a scout (well I admit I’m a not-so-scout enthusiast anymore) But I guess it’s a dream to go there

88. Learnt that even in the UK, Malaysians are still Malaysians, as was proven by the Malaysian shipping company.. Well I guess you get what you pay for… (Poor students like me, can’t afford expensive & punctual shipping companies..)

89. Touching down on Malaysian soil and getting a rude slap by the humidity, haven’t felt that in a while [16th August 2007]

90. Learning the guitar, now at least I can roughly play two instruments

91. Learnt more about relationships and how to distinct friendly intentions and motivated intentions.. (Am no longer that blur, and learnt how to handle situations better)

-October 2007-
92. Went to the hot springs for the first time [2nd October 2007] though it was in Sungkai, which is near Ipoh and I nearly passed out due to the heat. But it was my first time non-the-less

93. Went clubbing in Malaysia [5th October 2007] I profess, it was my first time, and not really my first time.. –And learnt more about relationships after that..-

-September 2007-
94. Attended my cousin’s wedding in Perth, first time going for a holiday without my parents and with my nucleus family [10th till 23rd of September 2007] it was fun, it was like a cross country thing, travelling from one state to another, staying in cottages.. Having a fireplace.. Absolutely wonderful..

-November 2007-
95. Went to Malaysia’s philharmonic orchestra (MPO) for the first time [4th November 2007] –felt that Slovenia’s was better, but then again.. I missed the all-important Rachmaninoff piano concerto. Sigh.-

96. Celebrated my mom’s birthday, parent’s birthdays are important after all, if they weren’t born I wouldn’t be here [16th November 2007]

-December 2007-
97. Celebrated my dad’s birthday, as a person who treasure family ties, I think it’s nice to celebrate family birthdays [17th December 2007] –well friend’s birthdays too-

98. Meeting my brother’s Japanese girlfriend, [22nd December 2007] I like Japan’s culture, so it was nice to be able to meet a Japanese and learn some new things from her, and experience not to be forgotten, and I learnt how to make Japanese pizza (okonomiyaki)

99. December seemed to be the month to meet old friends, had a SMKTS 03 gathering; meeting old friends was wonderful, and surprisingly, the people that you didn’t talk to last time can get really talkative with you [27th December 2007] –From this experience I realised I wasn’t really as social a butterfly as I claim, or well maybe now; I could have been in the past..-

100.Celebrated the coming of a new year, the first time I managed to celebrate it till the end (I get sick in huge crowds, lack of oxygen perhaps), and had loads of fun doing it, karaoke anyone? :p (hanging out with my brother and his friends) [31st December 2007]

I think I became more cultured since coming back, either than the MPO (i.e. my ignited love for classical music), I have been going to a lot of Japanese related things as well, like the Okinawa dance festival, the Japanese charity bazaar..

Overall, doing this post, I realised that I had my ups and downs.. And I chose to dwell on the good things…(the.. I quote from my dad “ over-optimist” in me??) I mean I did have more positive things happening to me. I visited places I could only dream of travelling to. It was very tiring to travel so much in one year, but I totally enjoyed myself, and I have no regrets. I made new friends, and really broadened my horizons..

As a person who loves culture, Europe was very attractive to me, as it is also rich in culture (especially music), though I still do prefer oriental culture more (but I sort of prefer western classical music slightly more, maybe it’s because I play the piano), as it is closer to my ethnicity but it was refreshing to learn other new things. The only regret I garnered from my one-year stay in Europe was that I had to leave the friends I made.

But life has to move on, I can always make new refreshing memories.. I am still young, and I hope that one day, I will get to study abroad again, preferably the UK again, because I find them richer in culture. (I’ve been to Australia at least 3 times, and what can I say? Europe is more exciting, and I heard New Zealand is only good for the fresh air..) And also, I limit myself to these countries because of the weather conditions and my line of study.. :p I love their weather there.. Though Scotland would be fine, or Wales..(But England is more convenient furthermore I am familiar with that place and have friends there.. )

Or maybe Japan.. haha but in my line, what can I study in Japan? I would actually love a year’s home stay there actually. But it doesn’t look possible. So I shall look at what is possible.. :p

Now when I watch shows, animes or read books, I can associate myself to the places that they mentioned.. It brings me both happiness and sadness, but at least I had lived it to the fullest.. And I have something I can reminisces about.. That I assure you, is the most precious of them all.. Memories..

-Oracl3-

“My heart breaks to leave you, but the memories that I’ve made, will surely be treasured forever in my heart; waiting for the days where I sit back to remember and laugh and cry..”

NOTE: Edited

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:19 pm GMT+9 , Blogger Mel said...

msterdam, sex museums anyone? Haha [30th May till 2nd June 2007] –it was a real eye opener since sex in Malaysia is illegal after all-

And we have children in Malaysia by...how?

....

=0

This virgin is feeling slightly traumatized now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Design by ccymie. Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved.


...

✿Goodbye Precious✿

About me

✿張らサヤカ✿
Location:
闇の世界,影の国

Its light is dimmed, The abandoned star, Fighting on, To shine once more, Reaching out to brighter lights, To place it back on the stage once more, To once again be the star she was, The path is rough, But she will make it there. Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable…
✿Solitude '07©✿

view my complete profile

未来は探して✿Search for the future

時間✿Time
家族と仲間✿Family & Friends

大好きなサイト✿Favorite Links