✿ 未来が見える : Flow© ✿


The smooth surface, Almost mirror like, Watching it unknowingly, I entered its flow, Unconsciously submerged by it, Fighting to grasp the sky, Before being pulled down again, Following it’s flow, Unable to turn back, The road is set; I shall head to sea, Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable ✿Oracl3✿


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Malaysia Philharmonic Orchestra 150808

On the 15th of August 2008, I went to the MPO with xin Yin, Mel, Ee Va, & Ee Va's friends..

We listened to Rossini's Overture: William Tell
It was wonderful and energetic... We were sitting quite near the front this time, compared to our usual seats.. I couldn't see the whole orchestra, but from where we were seated we could hear them a tad better.. guess cause it was nearer..

Anyway, the second performance was from this composer known as Louis Sphor, honestly, I've never heard of him.. but apparently he was alive at around the same time as Beethoven haha.. Anyway we listened to:-
Sphor's Concerto in A minor for String Quartet and Orchestra (Op131)
it had 3 movements:
  • Allegro moderato
  • Adagio
  • Rondo (Allgretto)
This concerto had quite a sombre mood to it.. like the feeling of winter? a funeral? well.. just very serious.. and it lightened up around the end...

It was my first time hearing this piece, but I thought it was okay.. it might be those type of pieces where you will have to listen to it a few times to get used to it? Or maybe it's because it was a tad to sombre haha..

Anyway after a 20 minute interval, it was the much awaited performance.. well for me that is... one of the main reasons why I really wanted to come for this performance was because they were playing:-
Dvorak Symphony No. 9 in E minor (Op. 95) - "From the New World"
it had 4 movements:
  • Adagio - Allegro molto
  • Largo
  • Molto vivace
  • Allegro con fuoco
Courtesy of Huey, whom lent me her whole stack of classical music CDs I have part of the 2nd movement, From The New World. and also due to the anime La Corda d'Oro/ The Golden Chord. I really loved that melody. So obviously I loved the whole 4 movements and performance, though the 2nd movement was my favourite.. haha...

apparently after the performance, a few people were saying that they wanted to give a standing ovation, but we being Malaysians.. were shy.... but oh well.. for the next MPO i'm eyeing Mendelsshon's concerto for 2 pianos in A flat... which will be on the 11-12 of October 2008. anyone interested? :p

Oh, and well, they will be playing music from the movie Lord of the Rings, somewhere in December. I'm sure there's plenty of LOTR fans out there.. let's go together :p

Anyway, after the performance, we took some pictures before heading home...


Here we have Xin Yin, me, mel & Ee Va... With the chandelier in the background...

The additions are Ee Va's friends and cousin.. so I don't really know who is who

And that's all for the multiple posts, as stated, Penang posts have to wait till I get the pictures from Mel and Xian Ai...

Hmm~ a friend made me realise.. that more often than not... I rarely get asked by friends to go out.. usually it's always me that has to organise to go out.. that's so sien/boring..

I mean I did realise that before, that's why at one point I just refused to organise nor plan anything any more.. I mean.. it's like I wasn't important to them at all? that every time I wanted to go out, I had to do the planning.. such a pain.. when you needed people, they weren't there by your side, or they where there but did nothing... what's the point you wonder sometimes..

But well, thankfully now.. it's not that bad any more :p I have other friends, who take the trouble to come look for me, or ask me out for movies and stuff, or plan trips... and well.. I guess it doesn't really help matters that I'm helluva lazy & a hermit haha well if I was rich.. with loads of cash to spare..and if I could drive myself around.. that might be a totally different story.. haha..

-Oracl3-

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Design by ccymie. Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved.


...

✿Goodbye Precious✿

About me

✿張らサヤカ✿
Location:
闇の世界,影の国

Its light is dimmed, The abandoned star, Fighting on, To shine once more, Reaching out to brighter lights, To place it back on the stage once more, To once again be the star she was, The path is rough, But she will make it there. Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable…
✿Solitude '07©✿

view my complete profile

未来は探して✿Search for the future

時間✿Time
家族と仲間✿Family & Friends

大好きなサイト✿Favorite Links