✿ 未来が見える : Flow© ✿


The smooth surface, Almost mirror like, Watching it unknowingly, I entered its flow, Unconsciously submerged by it, Fighting to grasp the sky, Before being pulled down again, Following it’s flow, Unable to turn back, The road is set; I shall head to sea, Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable ✿Oracl3✿


Tuesday, February 05, 2008

お好み焼き & Happy Chinese New Year

"Eat, drink and be merry, for it is the season of celebration"

五日二月二零零八年:木曜日

Okonomiyaki (Hope i got it right, it could have been okonomomiyaki.... but i digress)

Chinese New Year is around the corner, (heck the reunion dinner is tomorrow night...) i am sure most of us are busy preparing for the celebrations, i definitely, as usual, will be unavailable for comment during this period. But this is the season of mahjong for me, can't wait to get my hands on the game and to play away with my cousins.

maybe while i am in my hometown i can even take the time to complete the post which i've been meaning to post. ie my year 2006-2007. i would say that, that year was the most eventful year for me in all my life, because i was somewhere new, being independant and doing my own things, and i travelled really extensively. so that is a cause to post.. (compared to my past years..) but as i have to sort through my mountain of pictures, my progress is extremely slow. not to mention that i have many other things to take care off..

That aside, it's now time to get down to the reason for the title. It reads as okonomiyaki.. お好み焼き (did i get it right?) For the Japanese enthusiasts or those who are Japanese, we all know what this is, but to the laymen, let's just say, this is the Japanese version of their pizza.

According to 純子さん(junko san) my brother's girlfriend, okonomiyaki in english is called Japanese Pizza so we will stick to that. if you are still scratching your head, then please look at the picture below to see what is an okonomiyaki :p



Sayaka's very own Okonomiyaki with a cup of tea

there it is, though the shape is kind of off, (and well ya, this is homemade, so it doesn't look that nice :p) it's supposed to be rounder, but well lazy humans like me, who thinks that food all ends up the same didn't really bother.. (well when i was making it, i was making it on an empty stomach, as i had just woken up)

so where did i learn how to make this?

well, when my brother came back with his girlfriend, she made it for the little family gathering. (which i have yet to post about due to lack of time). i didn't actually lift a finger to help out, i merely enquired what the ingredients were, and the method. and after a glance at how to fry it, i already knew how to make it. preparations and all are fairly simple, it's the cooking process that takes time. cause there is a lot.. with the batter i made i could have very well have made 11-12 pieces of this. (But being the lazy 'ol me, i'm sure we can all guess how many i made haha) but overall i took about an hour and a half to prepare and cook everything...

why did i decide to cook this out of the blue?? hmm~ well when my brother and his girlfriend made it, there were still some left over ingredients left, like the sauce, and bonito etc.. so i decided to make use of it.. it was tasty anyway haha.. my parents enjoyed it too, it was a nice lunch :) (thought we ended up being really Malaysianised by eating it with our very own Maggi Chilli sauce :p)

~~

some of you may be noticing that the words under the picture is blinking haha.. this is due to the fact that i learnt some new HTML codes today. My mom wanted to send some E-Cards to friends, and was having difficulties and so i thought that i would help. Reading the "tips" section, i learnt a new thing or two about HTML and am thus playing around with it here haha..

For anything urgent during the Chinese New Year period, and if you cannot catch me online, then try calling my mobile, i should be answering, but don't mind the sounds that will be in the background and my sudden interuptions to say things like "pong" "chi" "sik wu" etc (all these are mahjong terminologies) :p

before i sign off, i would like to wish, all family, friends, aliens, and things that read my blog.. a

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!


(yes i am having fun with the new html codes that i learnt, just be thankful the whole post isn't blinking haha)

Enjoy your Chinese New Year Everyone

-Oracl3-

"We live only once, so hell man.. i will eat all i want" -Sayaka's frequently used quote in the UK at Bridges Hall's meal time-

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Design by ccymie. Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved.


...

✿Goodbye Precious✿

About me

✿張らサヤカ✿
Location:
闇の世界,影の国

Its light is dimmed, The abandoned star, Fighting on, To shine once more, Reaching out to brighter lights, To place it back on the stage once more, To once again be the star she was, The path is rough, But she will make it there. Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable…
✿Solitude '07©✿

view my complete profile

未来は探して✿Search for the future

時間✿Time
家族と仲間✿Family & Friends

大好きなサイト✿Favorite Links