✿ 未来が見える : Flow© ✿


The smooth surface, Almost mirror like, Watching it unknowingly, I entered its flow, Unconsciously submerged by it, Fighting to grasp the sky, Before being pulled down again, Following it’s flow, Unable to turn back, The road is set; I shall head to sea, Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable ✿Oracl3✿


Monday, October 26, 2015

Fathers

I don't know why, but I just felt like this randomly. I guess I suddenly miss dad lol :p

This has probably been at the back of mind ever since I watched that movie "Inside out" on the plane from Malaysia to Japan.

It's a movie about the emotions and memories inside someone. But I digress,

Fathers are like one of the most awkward creatures ever. Somehow they have been programmed to not show much emotion.  Or their circuit board is wired a little haphazardly, making it difficult for them to express themselves.

But they are like your shadow, you don't realise it, but somehow in their own way, they are always there for you.

They drive you up the walls, are not as empathetic as mothers, and though it doesn't show, but they really do try.

When we are in pain, or in distress, somehow, probably because we are programmed that way, we cry out to mothers first.

Probably sometimes to the chagrins of dads *Chuckles*

We don't give enough credit to dads, do we?

I remember my crazy believe in Vicks as the ultimate flu medication was thanks to dad (I've mentioned this before, and it's one of my fondest memories).

I remember falling asleep on the couch to miraculously wake up in bed. lol *it's magic!! - Chuckles*

I remember the time when I was a child, he'd excitedly call me to his side. Show me a worm and tried to convince the little me that it's a snake. I was like (-_-') "That's a worm dad..." lol

Or the time he was cleaning the lights in the dining room, and excitedly called me over to show me.... "Dinosaur eggs".  I  was like, that's impossible, Dinosaurs are extinct, but he can be quite convincing.. lol and I guess the little me almost believed him then, but I later realised those were lizard eggs. So again I was like this (-_-'). But I would never had seen lizard eggs if not for dad. *Chuckles* - To be frank I've never seen lizard eggs again since then lol

I remember how when the streets got crowded, dad would lift me onto his shoulders, and I'd be on top of the world.

How while holding my hand when shopping, and if he needed his hands, he'd shove my hands into his pocket *Chuckles*

How when he came back from work, the little me, would run up to him, be swept up in his arms and he would use his chin with rough bristles like whiskers to tickle me. As I giggled happily.

Then I got older, and I got heavier... Dad couldn't lift me up anymore. But...

Dad would accompany me to the clinics or hospital for check ups.

Drove me home after my gastro-scopy, when the effect of the anesthesia was particularly rough on me since I was overworked then.

Picked me up when I had my minor surgery. (Mom came to drop by after the surgery, and irritated the doctors when she tried to look at the wound, then went back to work lol)

Walked slowly by my side when I injured my feet and couldn't walk fast in Gold Coast.

Stayed with me when I hurt my back in Australia.

Dad sometimes says things crudely, and they may be hurtful sometimes, but I know he just doesn't know how to express himself, and sometimes we both fight, since we are both so stubborn.

But like mom, dad has always been there, in his own way.

And as I keep crying here 5000 miles away, over my loss, crying with sis, and sometimes with mom, I was just wondering, has someone checked with dad, how he is?

I remember back in 2009, when I was still chambering lol (Shane told me, "go home!" even though it was only 4.30pm, he will cover for me, besides it was only an hour till the end of official work hours..), when dad got robbed in front of the house, he complained that instinctively, he protected Baby, but after that he was complaining to me, "Where got owner protect dog wan?! Should be the other way round!" lol

You know, dad was home everyday with Baby the most since he's retired. And I'm sure he is upset or lonely, but he's probably being strong cause he has to deal with all the crying women around him. lol

So please remember to comfort dad too yea :)
Both of them napping together, lol



-sunz-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Design by ccymie. Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved.


...

✿Goodbye Precious✿

About me

✿張らサヤカ✿
Location:
闇の世界,影の国

Its light is dimmed, The abandoned star, Fighting on, To shine once more, Reaching out to brighter lights, To place it back on the stage once more, To once again be the star she was, The path is rough, But she will make it there. Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable…
✿Solitude '07©✿

view my complete profile

未来は探して✿Search for the future

時間✿Time
家族と仲間✿Family & Friends

大好きなサイト✿Favorite Links