✿ 未来が見える : Flow© ✿


The smooth surface, Almost mirror like, Watching it unknowingly, I entered its flow, Unconsciously submerged by it, Fighting to grasp the sky, Before being pulled down again, Following it’s flow, Unable to turn back, The road is set; I shall head to sea, Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable ✿Oracl3✿


Wednesday, June 14, 2006

バン:ザイ

九日六月二00六 金よ日

Today is a happy day for me!! Haha, I am finally a certified first aider. It wasn’t easy, and it was a bit of physical torture for lethargic old me. But after two days, which where yesterday and today, I can now safely say that I know how to do Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation also known to most of you guys as CPR. I also know the Heimlich Manoeuvre, and well all those dressing, those kind of stuff; how to move a patient and all. Wow, I tell you it was hard work, especially when we were practising CPR.

But I am glad I went for the course, it was fun, educational, and I would say productive. Although I know some basic first aid, I do hope that I don’t need to use it haha, well as the trainer taught us, it’s better to know and not need it, then to need it and not know it. At least if anything comes up, if I can keep my cool, I can save a life.

Anyway, how did I come to go for the course? Well, it was organized by my troop, and as a scouter I got to go too, hehe, so happy, for those scouters who didn’t go, you know who you are, well, you guys, wasted this chance… too bad!! muahaha

Oh I forgot to explain the title, well it’s in katakana, and it basically reads as “banzai” which is kind of like the Japanese’s equivalent of “hurray”. And well, as stated above, you guys know what I am happy about.

Ok back to the first aid course, there were quite a number of pictures taken and well, the company, which taught us the first aid will send it to Ai kun so I have to wait for the pictures before I can post them.

The company that taught us first aid is a company called Earthwin Emergency Acadamy Sdn Bhd. As we were under student rates, we only paid a hundred a person. This is considered very cheap already. (The guy from Saint John’s who taught us a bit of first aid told us that it usually cost about 300-500 per person, and that even then, it is considered cheap, cause it can cost even more.)

I would gladly recommend this company to anyone who wants to take a first aid course, they are not bad, they really gave us a lot of hands on practical. Compared to the Saint John’s which gave me and Ai kun mostly all theory, and very little practical. Which reminds me, I went for the Saint John’s first aid course last Thursday with Ai kun, so we could very well tell the difference.

Here, we each got a dummy to practise CPR on and choking methods. And well, we really got to transport our juniors/friends the correct way a patient should be transported. And we even had a sort of “drama” where some of them were made up to look like accident victims, by this old guy we dubbed Senior Ali, cause we had two trainers named Ali haha.

Anyway senior Ali, specializes in this kind of thing, i.e. making artificial wounds, they really looked quite real you know. And well this drama thing was fun. Haha the first group that went, the “victims” were like real drama kings haha, moaning and groaning haha… very funny to watch.

The victims were Thiam Beng (TB) and Alwin, posing as road accident victims I think. Anyway, TB was posing as a victim/casualty with a neck injury, while Alwin was posing as a casualty with an open fracture at the leg. This wound didn’t really look that real to me though. The bruises and the scratches looked real though.

So it was fun to watch, at first “CPR” had to be given to TB to make him conscious, and well, haha, the both of them were like moaning and groaning for each other like some sort of gay couple, Alwin was going like “ I want TB!! Where is TB!! Oh, no!! TB!!” haha laugh man I tell you. Even after Alwin turned his head, and saw TB he still went on asking for TB haha, and the both of them even held hands and all, so it gave the first aiders a lot of difficulties in trying to move them haha.

According to one of them in the group i.e. Yee Ern, he said, those two were like adding on extra stuff to the script. Cause, it made it more difficult, as they had to separate their hands first.

Another thing that we learnt was that we had to talk reassuringly to the casualties, which was what Yee Ern was trying to do, but Alwin did not respond, and kept on asking for TB only, so Yee Ern asked him, “sir, can you speak to me?” which Alwin replied “I am speaking to you la idiot!” haha. Walaueh, damn funny la.

When it was time for them to move TB, haha this is one of the funniest as well. They couldn’t move, TB unless someone’s butt was facing Alwin’s face haha, this Alwin was like, “walaueh!” what is this, and this Vincent kept pushing his face to the junior’s butt. Haha.. Joker la this people. This was the funniest batch la haha.

Ok, the 2nd group was mine, and Ai kun and our junior Sook Ping (SP) acted as the victims. I later found out from the both of them that, they were supposed to be cooking casualties. Where apparently the gas stove blew up, resulting in SP falling down on her elbow, and glass shards to embed into her skin, whereas Ai kun was surprised by the blast, and as she was cutting some stuff, she accidentally cut off her finger.

My group expected two casualties, so we arranged that I as leader would take the more serious case and Michelle as assistant, the less serious one. We had no idea, before and during the “drama” what was in store for us, but had to find out on the spot.

Upon entering the room, SP injuries looked more serious than Ai kun’s, cause she had a broken bone and a glass shard embedded in her hand, so I dealt with her. I let the juniors tend to Ai kun who looked like she had only a light scratch on her right arm. While I was busy tending to SP, and her broken arm, which at that time I had no idea how to tie properly to the support, having fallen half asleep when they were teaching us how to tie it haha, I left that to my juniors to do muahaha.. Don’t worry, I think I remember how to tie now haha.. :p

Anyway, as my junior and I were tending to SP, this Ai kun suddenly detached her own “finger” haha, we didn’t realize that there was an “injury” there, cause well, with real injuries they bleed, but this one is fake so there was no bleeding, and the “finger” was in fact still attached to her hand.

So, when Ai kun realized that we didn’t realise the wound, she used the other hand to flick that finger off. At that moment there was like a split second of silence, as everyone followed the flying “thing” when it landed, we were like what’s that? Haha, then we realize it was supposed to be a “finger” and well we got down to work la. Joker la, it was like a split second of silence, like slow motion in a movie haha.

Ok, the third and final casualties. The third one was an electrocution, Vincent was sitting in a corner of the room with a toy hairdryer, and acting like he got electrocuted, his hand which was holding the hairdryer, suffered, from the looks of it, it was only first degree burns.

Anyway, the first two cases were in the middle of the room, so my juniors expected the victims to be in the centre of the room, only to look at the side in shock when they were entering and springing into action. Haha the look of surprise on their face haha, anyway, they turned off the switch, and started CPR cause apparently the electrocution, rendered Vincent unable to breathe.

After that, they tended to his burns. While tending to Vincent, Zong Liang (ZL) suddenly walked past, asking where is Vincent and just “fainted”, haha. The second look of surprise on their face haha, funny! Then it was some slight chaos as some of them tended to ZL. Theirs wasn’t that much chaos, as both their victims were unconscious. So the only thing funny about their was the surprised look on their face.

A few things that we learnt from the drama, was that, well, in real situations it tends to get very chaotic, and sometime you are just not sure whether you are doing things right, cause the casualty keeps screaming in pain. (Unfortunately for the casualty, they will have to bear with the pain as its part and parcel of treatment. Evern we first aiders can’t do anything about the pain.) And well, you will just have to find whatever you have at hand to treat the victims. We didn’t have a first aid box, but all the bandages and pieces of woods to act as splints were nearby. So we just used those, but in real situations, whatever we have in hand will have to be used.

Another thing was that, sometimes we have to move the victim in order to treat him, in Vincent’s case, they didn’t move him from the corner, but treated him while still in the corner, which was wrong, cause how are they all going to fit inside that small corner to give him first aid.

Anyway, I guess that’s all for now. I have quite a number of unwritten posts, as I have been busy, going out here and there, and watching Erementar Gerad. Not bad that anime, quite nice also haha.

Well, future posts to come? Let’s see, about the scouter council BBQ on the 10th of June/Saturday, err, dinner and the movie Over The Hedge with Ray on the 12th of June/Monday. Err, last week, can’t remember the exact date, went to Petaling Street with Huey, Cloth shopping for yukata. That one aiya, I just add in here la, we have the same design, different colour cloth, mine blue hers pink, very sweet design. Now just have to wait for one weekend when huey, gene and I am all free, then we look for wen teng to borrow her yukata.

Err, that’s about it I think, I can only think of these few at the moment. Though I think I need to post my nephew’s pictures, law society dinner, alumni dinner… crap, I kept going out, and now I have so many posts to type up.. ahhh, feeling lazy la… to many things to write about.. and my internet conncetion is sucky, if not I can post all the pictures one shot, don need to talk to much.

Anyway, that’s all for now, got to go take my shower then have dinner. Ja ne

-Oracl3-


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Design by ccymie. Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved.


...

✿Goodbye Precious✿

About me

✿張らサヤカ✿
Location:
闇の世界,影の国

Its light is dimmed, The abandoned star, Fighting on, To shine once more, Reaching out to brighter lights, To place it back on the stage once more, To once again be the star she was, The path is rough, But she will make it there. Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable…
✿Solitude '07©✿

view my complete profile

未来は探して✿Search for the future

時間✿Time
家族と仲間✿Family & Friends

大好きなサイト✿Favorite Links