✿ 未来が見える : Flow© ✿


The smooth surface, Almost mirror like, Watching it unknowingly, I entered its flow, Unconsciously submerged by it, Fighting to grasp the sky, Before being pulled down again, Following it’s flow, Unable to turn back, The road is set; I shall head to sea, Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable ✿Oracl3✿


Sunday, September 21, 2008

Food!! YongTau Fu

Cross posted on Critically Acclaimed with a different commentary, well different enough.. As there are some things I can't say on CA, as it would make no sense there...

Since I've been commissioned by CA to I've tried to make it a habit to take pictures of the food that I'm eating, and to talk about it. I've quite a number of things to post, but as is evident from even this blog, I don't have the time to even blog on this blog, what more elsewhere.. =.=' Not to mention that there are groups I have to moderate.. And I still need to get my translations for Ghost Hunt done... I'm like some internet addict.. damn!!

Anyway back to the topic at hand.. As I was saying, since I've been commissioned by CA, I tend to take pictures of the food I'm eating, to do reviews about them.

So what is not better than introducing some of the yummies from my hometown, when I went back last weekend..

Usually, when we head back and if we make it during lunch hour we will head to this particular stall at Jalan Chui Yin in Bentong, Pahang.

His stall is usually crowded and with the seller having somewhat a temper, it says millions that people still flock to his stall to buy his Yong Tau Fu. I'm guessing a lot of people have no idea where Bentong is, well either go to CA for what I said there, or go look at a map.. I'm too lazy haha, although admittedly and obviously I cut and pasted haha..

Time for pictures of the food!!!

Forgive the presentation of the pictures, as this stall only does take aways, and the food comes wrapped in plastic and newspaper, hence it's look.

Okay, okay, I know it doesn't look that appetizing, (Looks like someone barffed in it?? Reminds me of the time where Ryan, my Canadian Friend in Reading told me the story about some people stealing food in his corridor, and the curry someone barffed in got stolen.. haha..)

But never ever let looks be the judge of things.

A more presentable look?

Actually, they have fried noodles as well, but I like their Chee Cheong Fun the best. But what's even better is actually their chilly sauce.. Yum!

You can see the chilly sauce which I've poured at the bottom right hand corner of the 1st picture.. The darker red indicates it all. It's really delicious, although slightly salty. The Tau Fu Pok [Something made out of soya like taufu], and their taufu is the most delicious, and they have enough fillings in it, to keep you satisfied. For those who aren't locals there, or not related to anyone there, you wouldn't happen to know that the tau fu pok in Bentong is really nice compared to those of KL. It's texture is softer and nicer to much on..
Darn, talking about this is making my mouth water.

Back to the topic at hand.. The stall opens exactly at 12pm everyday, except on Mondays if I'm not wrong. Around 1150am you will see the owner pushing his cart to the corner of the street, and getting ready to set it up. He's a really amusing man, who scolds his customers. Don't mind him actually, he does it with good intentions. Why? You may ask? Well, this is how he scolds you in Cantonese, I apologize for the rough/literal translation: "There are a lot of buyers, if you can't wait then don't buy, go away", "Why on earth are you buying so much? What about the other customers? Don't they need to buy as well?"

So, see his scoldings are all with good intentions, and though he tells people to leave when there are too many people, the buyers will still stand there not moving an inch like rocks!! His service is okay, besides scolding people, he does remember whose turn it is, and gives the proper priority. But his Yong Tau Fu is heavenly. Usually we eat the Chee Cheong Fun with the curry sauce, and the chilly. A piece of yong tau fu costs 70sen a piece. I think that's quite cheap, since you get the deal out of it, as unlike some shops which are so stingy on the fish paste, inside the yong tau fu. Well, if you happen to drop by the town, drop down by the place! And remember, don't let the looks fool you!

It's just like mamak food where presentation is close to zero, but the taste is delicious.

So if you happen to be in Bentong, give me a call, and I'll direct you there. Even better, make a trip there with me :)

-Oracl3-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Design by ccymie. Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved.


...

✿Goodbye Precious✿

About me

✿張らサヤカ✿
Location:
闇の世界,影の国

Its light is dimmed, The abandoned star, Fighting on, To shine once more, Reaching out to brighter lights, To place it back on the stage once more, To once again be the star she was, The path is rough, But she will make it there. Can you see the future? It’s unpredictable…
✿Solitude '07©✿

view my complete profile

未来は探して✿Search for the future

時間✿Time
家族と仲間✿Family & Friends

大好きなサイト✿Favorite Links